SKYGRiD Construction is committed to redefining the delivery of construction projects by driving our relationship with the customer. Our strength in achieving this lies in our knowledge and experience of the industry and our enthusiasm in applying new ideas to construction management while respecting best practices. SKYGRiD Construction is young, flexible, agile and growing!
Currently we are seeking an experienced dynamic individual in our growing estimating department. The individual will be working under a senior estimator and also assisting senior project managers. The individual will report directly to the senior estimator but must be flexible enough to take direction from numerous project managers and prioritize time in accordance with project schedules. SKYGRiD is a growing company so the applicant must be familiar with working in a high pressure challenging environment and take direction easily.
- Preparation of accurate budgets
- Preparation of accurate cost/ value analysis
- Quantity surveying on site
- Financial assessment of contract variations
- Project coordination
- Good quality and accurate record keeping
- Complete full quantity take-offs for all aspects of each new project as per contract specification
- Cost value procurement of materials, equipment and labour and also current market value assessment
- Maintain good relationships and create new ones with trades, subcontractors and suppliers
- Have the ability to take the lead on some projects for final review with management
- Review and approve invoices in collaboration with accounting department
- Develop and monitor schedules
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicant must have at least a degree in engineering, construction management or other relevant disciplines; a M.Sc. degree is a plus
- At least five years’ experience with large construction projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Must have the ability to use MS Office programs including word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint to a high standard
- Must have a strong ability using AutoCAD and onscreen takeoff, this is a necessity
- Being familiar with AutoCAD architecture & Revit, is a benefit but not necessary
- It is essential that the applicant can understand engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications and construction practices and use this knowledge efficiently on a day to day basis as projects and budget preparations progress
- Must be capable of understanding agreements and RFPs
- Must have WHIMIS & fall arrest protection as applicant will have to carry out visit sites
SKYGRiD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SKYGRiD is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under SKYGRiD’s Accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.