SKYGRiD Construction is committed to redefining the delivery of construction projects by driving our relationship with the customer. Our strength in achieving this lies in our knowledge and experience of the industry and our enthusiasm in applying new ideas to construction management while respecting best practices. SKYGRiD Construction is young, flexible, agile and growing!
Currently we are seeking a dynamic individual in our growing Finance and Administration department. The individual will report directly to the Controller but must be flexible enough to handle requests from numerous project managers and prioritize time in accordance with monthly project deadlines. SKYGRiD is a growing company so the applicant must be familiar with working in a high pressure challenging environment.
- Project Accounting:
- Execute Projects' financial tracking
- Work with construction site offices to ensure all purchase orders and relevant backup are received
- Process all payables and ensure all costs are billed on a timely basis
- Validate all project related timesheets (i.e. billing rates)
- Prepare monthly billings and closure for all projects and respond to any questions that may arise
- Work with the Project team to manage the budget, change orders, and process budget transfers
- Follow-up on work in progress and receivables
- Work with vendors and subcontractors on various issues including billing, payment, and insurance
- Develop a detailed understanding of the project contract
- Prepare accurate and timely financial analysis and management reporting as required
- Corporate Accounting and Payroll:
- Process corporate payables and expense reports
- Assist in the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Assist with other financial and regulatory analysis
- Work on a variety of miscellaneous issues including ad-hoc reporting as required
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma in accounting
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of the engineering and/or consulting and/or construction sector(s), an asset;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reposts
- High standard of performance, ability to deal with ambiguity and complexities
- Highly meticulous nature, strong attention to detail
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Visit our website at www.skygrid.ca to explore other opportunities with SKYGRiD.
SKYGRiD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.