Manager, Project Accounting and Compliance
The individual will be held accountable for overseeing the activities of the project accounting team and monitoring the compliance with contracts and financial progress of our projects.
- Manage and mentor a team of project accountants.
- Primary responsibility for managing accounting for projects in pre-construction phase.
- Oversee AR collections and reporting.
- Oversee project AR and AP subledger reconciliation.
- Review and posting of all project payables.
- Oversee monthly billing process and distribution of draws.
- Ensure all owner contract requirements have been met and captured in monthly billings.
- Prepare accurate and timely project financial reporting and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Review overhead and non-recoverable charges across all projects.
- Review WIP calculations for all required projects.
- Review and distribute monthly job cost variance reports.
- Oversee all aspects of the project life cycle, from project start-up to project close-out.
- Oversee project budgets, cost coding, change orders.
- Coordinate with project teams and assemble monthly project progress reports.
- Collaborate with project teams and vendors to forecast project spending and cash flow.
- Oversee and assist in monthly revenue forecasting.
- Review project status and potential issues and recoveries for ongoing open projects.
- Ensure the completeness of project documentation over the life of the project and through closeout.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Attend meetings with Project Teams as needed.
- Assist with month end and year end processes as required.
- Ad-hoc duties and Special Projects as assigned by Senior Management.
- Serve as backup for Project Accountants as needed.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance with CPA Designation.
- 2 or more years of experience in the construction industry
- Minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Highly meticulous nature, strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications.
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: To Be Determined
Start date: ASAP
Job location: Mississauga, ON
Traveling required: To Head Office and occasional travel to project sites
SKYGRiD is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under SKYGRiD’s Accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.
SKYGRiD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.