Currently we are seeking an experienced dynamic individual in our ICI division.
SKYGRiD is a growing company so the applicant must be familiar with managing in a high-pressure challenging environment.
- Provide overall on-site management, administrative and technical direction on the construction project site.
- Enforce company and project policies and ensures project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- As the leader of the Project Site Team your duties include overseeing all on-site construction activities daily.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Lead and chair trade meetings.
- Contribute to the development of a construction plan and to manage subcontractor activities.
- Attend required construction meetings with owners, consultants and subtrades.
- Assure construction compliance with design requirements, project materials and workmanship meet the project Quality Standards.
- Supervise and coordinate field engineering and construction activities.
- Create and monitor project construction schedule.
- Assure compliance with project construction schedule and budgets and assume responsibility for the commissioning of the project.
- Ensure the implementation of SKYGRiD’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences, or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Educational and experience requirements include a Construction related university degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- A minimum of 10 years construction experience.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to evaluate trade performance is essential.
- Foresight to predict problems before they develop.
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and other documents.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface, and clearly communicate with others.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
- Proficiency in Office and Project Management software (e.g. MS Office/Project).
Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: To Be Determined
Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Traveling Required: To Site
SKYGRiD is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required under SKYGRiD’s Accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.
SKYGRiD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.